What to do in Cape Coral & surrounding area while on vacation?
BBQ Party Boat Rentals
Planning a BBQ? Here is a new way to BBQ on the water cruising on
your BBQ party boat.Dine on tasty BBQ food, beverages included or
rent the entire boat for your own private BBQ cruise.
It a barbecue, a picnic table and a party boat all in one.
Places to watch Sunset
If you're looking to spend the night relaxing with views of a painted sky, Southwest Florida can offer some of the prettiest ones. There are several places where you can spend your time staring at the beauty of the sunset over a glass of wine or your favorite dish. Here are a variety of options that you can choose from to make sure your dining and sunset experience is Facebook or Instagram-worthy.
Michellis - Matlacha
Old Florida Style Matlache Village just minutes from Cape Coral. Waterfront dining with live music and a big variety on the menu.
Indoor and Outdoor seating.
Boathouse Tiki Bar and Restaurant by the River - Cape Coral
Located right at the River in the South of Cape Coral. Have a cocktail and enjoy the evening atmosphere overlooking the Pier.
Small beach sit in the lounge chair downstairs or right at the Bar upstairs. Great place to be with friends aor your familiy.
Tarpon Point Marina - Cape Coral
Overlooking the deepwater marina, a seaside nature preserve, the Caloosahatchee River, Sanibel and beyond.
Welcome to Cape Coral finest address with fine & casual dining and boutique shops.
Luminary Hotel - Downtown Fort Myers
The collective energy of the city is on full display in the River District Downtown Fort Myers. Old buildings alive with new purpose. Charming cafes, eclectic boutiques and cultural attractions delight. Brick-lined streets adorned with palm trees. Home to a bustling calendar of events. Easily walkable, always engaging. Get drawn into the mix. Rooftop Bar & Restaurant overviewing the River and City.
The Salty Crab Bar & Grill - Fort Myers Beach
The Salty Crab Bar and Grill is located on the beach at Fort Myers Beach. Visitors can sit back with their toes in the sand while enjoying food and drinks. This location is prime to get a view of the sun setting over the Gulf. The menu has a variety of food including burgers, steaks and seafood. The restaurant occasionally has live music to give you the full beach experience. (1154 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL, 33931 | 239-233-8224 www.saltycrabbarandgrill.com)
The Firestone Sky Bar - Downtown Fort Myers
The Firestone Sky Bar is located in historic downtown Fort Myers and offers panoramic views of the Caloosahatchee River. The bar is the only waterfront rooftop bar in downtown Fort Myers. The bar has a sunset happy hour menu with a lengthy list of cocktails as well as a limited food menu. The Firestone Grille is located on the main floor if you'd like to dine before heading up to the roof for the sunset. (2224 Bay Street, Fort Myers, FL, 33901 | 239-334-3473 www.firestonefl.com)
Coast at Edgewater Beach Hotel - Naples
Coast located in Edgewater Beach Hotel serves coastal-inspired cuisine including crab cakes, scallops, grouper and shrimp. Visitors can eat breakfast, lunch or dinner inside the restaurant or out on the patio overlooking the Gulf. The hotel also has a pool bar if you want to enjoy a drink with sunset views over the water. (1901 Gulfshore Blvd North, Naples, FL, 34102 | 239-403-2000 www.edgewaternaples.com)
Doc's Beach House - Bonita Beach
Doc's Beach House is located steps from Bonita Beach and the Gulf. This restaurant is historic to Bonita Springs and well-known to locals for being a "no shirt, no shoes, no problem" type of place. If you're looking for a casual place to eat, Doc's Beach House is perfect for a quick bite while watching the sunset. Seating is also available right on the beach. (27908 Hickory Boulevard, Bonita Springs, FL, 34134 | 239-992-6444 www.docsbeachhouse.com)
HB's on the Gulf at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
HB's on the Gulf is located at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and other options daily for lunch and dinner. If you'd like to stake out a spot for sunset make sure to arrive early in order to grab a table. HB's offers an upscale dining experience with indoor and outdoor patio seating. The restaurant offers an exclusive sunset dinner package on the beach with a five-course meal and your choice of wine or champagne. (851 Gulf Shore Boulevard North, Naples, FL, 34102 | 239-435-4347 www.naplesbeachhotel.com)
Bayfront Bistro - Fort Myers Beach
The Bayfront Bistro is located within Snook Bight Yacht Club and Marina. Visitors can arrive by car or by boat and see breathtaking views of the Gulf. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and has an "Award of Excellence" wine list to enhance your experience. Seating is available inside or on the covered patio for views of the beautiful bay. Sunset is one of the more popular times so make sure to make a reservation before heading in. (4761 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931 | 239-463-3663 www.bayfrontbistro.com)
Gumbo Limbo at The Ritz-Carlton - Naples
Gumbo Limbo at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples offers beachfront dining. The menu features cocktails and fresh seafood for you to enjoy while watching the sunset. Visitors can even hear the waves hitting the shore. (The Ritz Carlton, 280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, FL, 34108 | 239-598-3300 www.ritzcarlton.com)
Snook Inn - Marco Island
The Snook Inn can be reached by land or by water and has a restaurant and bar. Whether you're hungry or thirsty, you'll be sure to find something to quench your needs with their extensive menu. With its open water view, the sunset is definitely something that you won't want to miss. They even offer live entertainment seven nights a week. (1215 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island, FL, 34145 | 239-394-3313 www.snookinn.com)
What else to do in Florida?
- Airboat Tour in the Everglades
- Babcock Ranch - Nature & Animals Hiking trails(Punta Gorda)
- Bowling (Cape Coral Del Prado Blvd)
- Bush Garden - Animal and Adventure Park (Tampa)
- Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium (Ft. Myers)
- Cape Canaveral Space Center (Titusville - Orlando)
- Caribbean Zoo - Naples
- Casino (Immokolee or Hollywood / Ft. Lauderdale)
- Collier County Museum (Naples)
- Conservancy Nature Center (Naples)
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary - Ghost Orchid (Naples)
- Dry Tortugas National Park (Key West - only by ferry or plane)
- Swimming with Dolphins (Orlando or Key Largo/Islamorada)
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates (Ft. Myers)
- Everglades Wonder Garden - Zoo (Bonita Springs)
- Flea Market (North Fort Myers/Bonita Springs)
- Fossil Hunting (Arcadia - Peace River, Black River)
- Florida Sea Aquarium (Tampa)
- Four Mile Ecological Park Grove (Cape Coral)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Helicopter Flight
- Historical Museum (Ft. Myers)
- Horseback riding at the Beach (Tampa)
- Horseback riding inland (North Fort Myers, Buckingham, Alva)
- Imaginarium (Ft. Myers)
- Indian Village visit to the Everglades
- Key West by Ferry or Car
- Caribbean cruise from 3 days - 21 days (starting Fort Lauderdale/Miami)
- Fly Board Rides on the water (Fort Myers Beach)
- Concerts, Musicals etc. (Barbara B Mann Hall / Ft. Myers, Philharmonic / Naples)
- Lakes Park - relaxing for young and old (Ft. Myers)
- Lion Country Safari - Kids Camp / animal husbandry / feeding (Loxahatchee)
- Myakka State Park
- Manatee Park (North Ft. Myers)
- Miami Seaquarium & Miami Metro Zoo
- Miniature golf, Cape Coral + Ft. Myers Beach
- Shell Museum (Shell Factory / North Ft. Myers and Sanibel)
- Naples Botanical Garden
- Orlando theme parks (MGM, Disney, Universal Studios, Wet & Wild ...)
- Paddling a canoe / kayak (Sanibel / Estero)
- Parasailing on the beach
- Parrot Jungle Park (South Beach / Downtown Miami)
- Ringling Museum / Cad Zan Castle (Sarasota)
- Salvador Dali Museum (St. Petersburg)
- Beach - relax, swim, jet ski, paragliding
- Ice skating (Teco Arena - Estero or Fort Myers Stadium)
- Snorkeling / Diving
- Stand up Paddle boarding
- Science Center (Cape Coral)
- Sailing / Sunset tour (Cape Coral)
- Shopping Malls (Miromar Outlets, Coconut Point Mall, Gulf Coast Town Center, Tanger Outlets, Edison Mall)
- Six Mile Cypress Preserve - nature trail (Fort Myers)
- Skydiving/Hanggliding (Clewiston)
- Springs (Ginnie Springs - at Gainsville, Rainbow Springs - Dunellon, Blue Springs - Orange City, Wakulla Springs -
Tallahassee, De Leon Springs - De Land)
- Sun Splash - Water Park (Cape Coral)
- Swamp Buggy Tours (Naples)
- Teddy Bear Museum (Naples)
- Tennis Match (Public Tennis courts in Cape Coral)
- Wellness (Envy Spa Cape Coral)
- Rodeo (Arcadia)